Job description and responsibilities
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure;
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes;
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results;
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats;
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’;
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended;
- Deploying updates and fixes;
- Building tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience;
- Developing software to integrate with internal back-end systems;
- Performing root cause analysis for production errors;
- Investigating and resolving technical issues in software development;
- Designing procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance;
- Participation in collaborative software development projects.
Required education, experience, and skills
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field;
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role;
- Proficient with git and git workflows;
- Collaborative team spirit;
- Experience in Ansible/Terraform and Helm;
- Experienced in CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins);
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes;
- Familiarity with Gitlab;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Good attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time;
- Awareness of DevOps and Agile principles;
- Proficiency in English.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
- Experience in developing applications for a large corporation;
- Experience in AWS SaaS offerings.
The successful candidate(s) will be offered:
- Competitive remuneration package adjusted to proven skills and experience;
- Excellent working conditions;
- Exposure to training and professional development capabilities, including the ability to engage in cutting edge research;
- Exposure to international clients and collaborators.
Locations: Cyprus, Greece.
To apply send an email to careers [at] sphynx.ch with a cover letter and your CV. We ensure the confidentiality of every application.