Job description and responsibilities
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Identify and resolve any technical issues arising.
- Create detailed design documentation.
- Write well-designed, testable code.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Identify, introduce, and perform the industry’s best practices.
Required education, experience, and skills
For this post, you will need to have/demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- At least 2+ years experience in Java-based programming.
- Strong knowledge of Linux-based operating systems, system management and networking concepts.
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design (OOD).
- Experience with Java and its related frameworks (e.g., Spring Boot).
- Experience with database systems, such as PostgreSQL.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) and collaborative development workflows.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
Desirable education, experience, and skills
- Familiarity with compilers and JSON-to-JSON transformers.
- Familiarity with parallel and distributed systems.
- Familiarity with flow-based programming (e.g., Apache Node-RED).
What do we offer
The successful candidate (s) will be offered:
- Competitive remuneration package adjusted to proven skills and experience;
- Excellent working conditions;
- Exposure to training and professional development capabilities, including the ability to engage in cutting-edge research;
- Exposure to international clients and collaborators;
Locations: Cyprus, and Greece.
To apply send an email to careers [at] sphynx.ch with a cover letter and your CV. We ensure the confidentiality of every application.