As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Work as part of the team that will revamp and maintain our in-house big data analytics platform;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the real time data streaming, filtering, and processing capabilities of our big data analytics platform, and to the persistent storage and management of the data handled by it;
- Design, implement, monitor, manage and optimize data processing pipelines for different clients and in diverse domains (including for example healthcare and security analytics) using our big data analytics platform;
- Quickly master the functionality of our in-house big data analytics platform, adapt to our agile software development methodologies and continuously work to a highly demanding environment operating under challenging productivity measures;
- Participate in international meetings with clients and collaborators;
- Provide technical presentations of our in-house big data analytics platform to internal and external stakeholders;
- Actively promote company culture.
Required education, experience and skills
For this post, you will need to have/demonstrate:
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related field (an MSc degree would be a plus);
- Hands on experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets;
- Excellent data modelling skills (both in relational and non-relational data modelling);
- Experience on web and REST services;
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases;
- Experience with the following software/tools:
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra/MongoDB.
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural project teams.
What do we offer
The successful candidate (s) will be offered:
- Competitive remuneration package adjusted to proven skills and experience;
- Excellent working conditions;
- Exposure to training and professional development capabilities, including the ability to engage in cutting edge research;
- Exposure to international clients and collaborators.
Locations: Cyprus, Greece.
To apply send an email to innovation [at] sphynx.ch with a cover letter and your CV. We ensure the confidentiality of every application.